I had my first filler injection in the the late 1990’s and have tried every filler on the market except Bellafill, a permanent filler.
There are more FDA approved fillers on the market today and more are awaiting approval. The documented length of time a Filler lasts is based on the results from the manufacturer’s clinical trials. Millions of dollars are spent on marketing campaigns and provider training courses.
Consumers should be aware that these results are guidelines only.
The results that you get from any filler injection and how long it will last for you may differ than the documented results seen in the clinical trials. If you think that your filler will last 9 months and it only lasts for 6 months, don’t blame your injector. It’s not the product or the injector’s fault, it is the way your body metabolizes the filler and where it has been placed in your face. Lip filler is not going to last as long as filler under your eyes.
As a plastic surgery and aesthetic coach, I hear all too often from my clients that they are disappointed with their Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon after getting for example, Voluma because it did not last 2 years as advertised. This is an average only. As the product is on the market longer the documented results may change.
Here is a realistic guideline to keep in mind when you budget for fillers.
- All HA fillers are temporary. They will last between 6-9 months.
- Fine line fillers Restylane Silk and Belotero may only last 6 months. In some cases less.
- Voluma, a deeper filler may last UP TO 2 years. However, you will probably need more filler at 9 -12 months to give it a boost
- Juvederm may last 9 months depending on placement
- Restylane Lyft which is the same as Perlane lasts UP to 18 months. Realistic expectation 9-12 months
Non- HA Fillers
- Radiesse lasts 9- 12 months. Realistic expectations- 9 months. Radiesse hand injections may last 9 months with a boost
- Sculptra can last up to 25 months after the last treatment. You may need a touch-up in 12- 18 months
- Bellafill is a permenant filler
If you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you.
Remember: You Only Have One Face and One Body, Choose Wisely!